Play small, and you risk never actually living. When you feel passionately compelled to live out your dreams, don’t do so in a way that prevents failure. Fail. Fail hard. Fail a thousand times. Do not fear suffering, and do not suffer due to fear. Make the decisions that feel good to your heart. Trust that your soul knows the way – because it truly does.
So you want to live a bigger life? Here are 5 steps to living a bigger life than you ever imagined.
- Take a leap. A small one, a big one, even a medium-sized one. A new venture, a change in habit, something that sounds absolutely crazy but you just know is calling you. Get a little momentum and see what happens.
- Stay there even when there’s discomfort. There will be discomfort. It will show up in the form of vulnerability, shame, restlessness, impatience, and a desire to surrender. Sit with it for a little while. When you do finally come out on the other side, you’ll be glad you did.
- Lean in so far that you risk falling. Put your whole self into it. This isn’t just you doing a task, this is a new you doing a new task. Who ever said you had to be the same person with the same limitations going after the same thoughts and actions? Embody the person who can fail and overcome it and be better for it.
- Fall. You will land eventually. Know that.
- Give thanks for the growth you experience. Because it will be monumental. You will either discover a true calling or realize it’s not for you, but it is necessary to take that leap to begin with to ever know that. Perhaps it isn’t the end for you, but rather a resting place on the way to something even bigger.
You are capable of more than you believe. Go after the biggest dreams you’ve got.